I haven’t been penning anything lately and it’s saddening rather it saddens me but inspiration has been avoiding me like the plague; or so I think. Though the whole time I’ve been out of touch, I’ve been quite successful with doing or choosing the right thing that is as I believe, I’ve realized that indeed, I wasn’t so bad at all. So, what was I up to? Read on:
- Getting in touch with my inner teacher. Yup, you read that right. I’ve been spending more time helping my mom with her college assignments that sometimes it makes me feel like I’m studying all over again or that I’m playing the teacher like when I was younger. It’s fun, though sometimes it could be painstaking specially if mom forgets the time difference and calls at 4:00am my time. Either way, it’s exciting and I realized that whatever gap we had from when I was younger is mostly water under the bridge now; it makes me feel good.
- I started to be conscious about myself. By that I mean I started to make time to “workout” or “run/walk” or “do yoga” at least an hour a day at the very least. Well I owe most of it to my great friend Nelly who is an inspiration and a very awesome enabler. Yup, that’s her. I am planning to make a big leap soon, which is to challenge myself for something big, something I wouldn’t even ever imagine a few years back. I hope to get my act together for that to materialize.
- Been out with friends. For a few hours that is because the danger of them disowning me is lurking about, it’s scary, really scary I sometimes dare not think but then again, it’s difficult to drag myself away from my screens, all three of them – laptop, phone and player. Balancing life is really difficult, I now realized it.
- Try it, it’s good for you. I’ve been trying to learn how to swim, no results yet but I hope I get there, I wanna get there. I wanna learn how to swim.
- Thank you for the music. Or more like thank you Kpop for helping me survive my daily life of boring business and endless phone calls and letter drafting for people that I might not even get to meet because I don’t want to otherwise known as I’ve completely embraced Kpop. Here’s my favorite playlist ever:
- Bon appetite. Of course there’s some cooking going on still, mostly of dishes that I am not familiar with and deconstructing some of those dishes that I know of. It’s fun and calming. I only regret not being able to take more photos. I only have these two:
(Pancake is from scratch, not the ready made kind while the noodles is my version of cold noodles.)
- Go ahead and watch. And of course, even if I don’t write about it, it is safe to assume that I have been watching dramas endlessly. During my stupor I’ve finished 4 series, that’s a record. Hopefully I’ll put my reviews up pretty soon *prays that inspiration doesn’t run away*
So.. Yeah. I therefore conclude that I have been hiding under a rock for the past month and I am now in the process of crawling out. I missed you all, chingudeul.