I love quotes and quoting people; if I’m in a sarcastic mood I even air quote just to stress how offended I was by a particular sentence or words. I feel this unexplainable joy whenever I quote something, maybe because those are words that really hit home, touched me like no other and made me wonder, in that order. That said, today’s challenge is easy to me who quotes every little touching lines and all, or is it really? I had way too much sources of quotes: books, Korean Dramas, Movies, and friends too; knowing that had me thinking, which quotes to write, I have a thousand to choose from? After much thought I decided I’ll write ten (10) out of the long list of my favorite quotes and it is as follows, in no particular order:
1. Love means never having to say you’re sorry. – Love Story, Erich Segal.
2. Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it. – A Walk to Remember, Nicholas Sparks.
3. After all; I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. – Notting Hill, Anna Scott.
4. If we love someone so much, how will we be able to handle it one day when we are separated? And if being separated is a part of life and you know about separation well, is it possible that we can love someone and never be afraid of losing them? Is it possible that we can live our entire life without loving at all? – Love of Siam, Mew.
5. I can’t be your boyfriend but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you. – Love of Siam, Tong.
6. “What” and “if” are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life. – Letters to Juliet, Sophie’s Letter to Claire.
7. She had me at my worst; you had me at my best. Pero binaliwala mo ang lahat (But you took everything for granted) and you chose to break my heart. – One More Chance, Popoy Gonzalez
8. Does that work for you? Can you be okay without seeing me? I can’t do it. I don’t know why I’m being clingy myself. But I need to see you. Whether the lion eats grass or caviar can be mixed with rice, I know how pathetic and idiotic this is. But I don’t know about all that – I just want to hold you. – Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, Cha Chi-soo.
9. Yes, you’re right; you don’t fit me. I’m too much for you. You know why? It’s not because you hurt my pride, it’s not because you mentioned my family problems and hurt me. It’s because I took the courage for you, but you didn’t do anything for me. Yes, if that’s what you want, then I will leave you alone. I thought you were a good dream, but you were a bad dream Cha Eun-sang. – The Heirs/The Inheritors, Kim Tan.
10. A cruel revenge where I must shoot my real father, if I did it, would I be able to go on well with my life? I who had to point a gun at the woman I love, do you think I’d be fine? A father who lost his leg for me, and I have to face off with him, how do you think I feel? I wanted you to think of me just once and stop. I, I just wanted to live an ordinary and happy life with you; but it was all a dream. – City Hunter, Lee Yoon Sung.
There you have it, 10 out of the long list of my favorites. Most of them are heartbreaking, I know but then again I am quoting it so it is expected. How about you, what are your favorite quotes?